Study: Bachelor in Electrical Power Engineering (222)
Coordinating teacher: CASTRONUOVO , EDGARDO DANIEL
Department assigned to the subject: Electrical Engineering Department
ECTS Credits: 6.0 ECTS
Requirements (Subjects that are assumed to be known)
Electrical power engineering fundamentals
1. Ability to complete a power line project, according to the Spanish regulations.
2. Basic knowledge of the switchgear used in electric substations.
3. Ability to use technical documents related to power systems such as regulations and standards.
1. Naked conductors.
2. Electric parameters in power lines.
3. Power line models.
4. Propagation of electromagnetic waves in power lines.
5. Thermal limit.
6. Insulators in overhead lines.
7. Corona effect.
9. Pylons and electric distances.
11. High Voltage DC lines.
12. Live works.
13. Classification of switchgear.
14. Configuration of substations.
15. Substation planes.
Learning activities and methodology
- Master classes.
- Resolution of numerical examples in the classroom.
- Laboratory lessons.
% end-of-term-examination 0
% of continuous assessment (assigments, laboratory, practicals...) 100