By the end of this subject, students will be able to obtain:
1. Knowledge and understanding of the key aspect related to automated manufacturing systems.
2. A systematic understanding of the multidisciplinary context of automated production systems.
3. The ability to model and analyze manufacturing systems in the Arena simulation software.
4. The ability to search for literature related to a real visit to a production system.
5. The ability to combine theory and practice in the programing of the simulation of a manufacturing systems example.
6. The ability of work in group for visiting a real production system and relate that visit to the theoretical sessions.
7. Knowledge about the aspects related to environmental impact and sustainable production, and to relate these aspects with the group work.