By the end of this subject, students will be able to :
1. Have a knowledge and understanding of the key aspect related to automated manufacturing systems.
2. Be aware of the multidisciplinary context of automated production systems.
3. Have the ability to model and analyze manufacturing systems in a computer program whith discrete event simulation programs.
4. Have the ability to search for literature related to a real visit to a production system.
5. Have the ability to combine theory and practice in the programing of the simulation of a manufacturing systems example.
6. Have the ability of working in group to visit a real production system and to relate that visit to the theoretical sessions.
7. Have and understanding about the aspects related to environmental impact and sustainable production, and to relate these aspects with the group work.