1. Knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of wind and photovoltaic generation systems. To evaluate this item, systematic analysis exercises of basic circuits with wind and photovoltaic generation systems are carried out, specifically on wind and photovoltaic resources, basic components of wind turbines and solar cells
2. Have cutting-edge knowledge of current wind and photovoltaic generation systems
Information on the latest materials in the formation of the components of a wind turbine or of a photovoltaic system, leading control systems and use of the latest software for the location of the resource and the analysis of the systems
3. Be aware of the multidisciplinary context of electrical engineering. The integration of industrial engineering disciplines such as control, electronic, thermal, mechanical and environmental aspects, all essential for the knowledge of wind and photovoltaic generation systems, are revealed.
4. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve problems of analysis of wind and photovoltaic generation systems using established methods
5. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve problems of sizing of wind and photovoltaic generation systems that meet specific requirements. For this, problems of dimensioning of photovoltaic systems connected to the grid, isolated and hybrid systems with different requirements and in different locations will be formulated.
6. The ability to perform bibliographic searches, use databases and other sources of information
7. The ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret the data and draw conclusions.
8. Technical and laboratory skills. Three practices are carried out, one of them in the laboratory to measure the current voltage behavior in various irradiance conditions on photovoltaic cells.
9. The ability to combine theory and practice to solve problems of dimensioning and analysis of wind and photovoltaic generation systems. To evaluate this item, a series of practice scripts will be completed in which circuits with renewables are designed and the resolution techniques taught in the subject are applied.
10. The understanding of methods and techniques applicable to the sizing and analysis of wind and photovoltaic generation systems and their limitations depending on the data and restrictions. Demonstrate awareness of the responsibility of engineering practice and its environmental impact