This course will be mainly practical. Students will receive information about certain aspects of electrical installations. In particular, home and building automation systems and electrical installations for lighting.
- To know the principles and applications of light and vision.
- To describe the different sources of light and the elements of the lightning system (lamps, ballasts, lamps, etc..).
- To know the criteria for a lighting project.
- To manage the tools to design a lighting installation.
- To know the basic concepts regarding electric power efficiency.
- To analyze the different home and building automation systems, their characteristics, their different configurations, their application areas, etc.
- To set up systems for home and building automation, using the standard system European Installation Bus.
- To diagnose faults in home and building automation installations.
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO LIGHTING SYSTEMS
1. Design of electrical lighting: scope and objectives.
2. Lighting: incandescent lamps and special lamps.
3. Interior lighting project.
4. Lighting control
MODULE 2: DESIGN OF CONTROL SYSTEMS
5. Introduction to electrical energy efficiency and home and building automation systems.
6. Overview of the most important home and building automation systems.