Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Have knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of business organization and management, the concept of company, institutional and legal framework of the company.
2. Be aware of the multidisciplinary context of industrial engineering, applying knowledge of mathematics, statistics, economics and other scientific fields to the analysis of business situations.
3. Have the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to the analysis of process engineering and methods.
4. Have an understanding of the different methods and the ability to use them to analyze business situations.
5. Be able to select and use appropriate methods for business management.
6. Be aware of the implications of engineering practice in business management.
7. Function effectively both individually and as a team.
8. Demonstrate awareness of the responsibility of engineering practice, social and environmental impact, and commitment to professional ethics, responsibility and standards of engineering practice.
9. Demonstrate awareness of business practices and project management, as well as risk management and control, and understand their limitations.