1. Introduction: Telecommunication concept. Information. Quality and access. Telecommunication services. The Telecommunications in the Information and Knowledge Society.
2. Concept of frequency. Modulation.
3. The communication media: cable and radio. Multiple Access.
4. Digital communications and their advantages. Channel coding. Digitization of information. The transmission process.
5. Mobile communications.
6. Satellite communications.
7. Telecommunication networks. Switching. Reference levels. The Switched Telephone Network.
8. Internet. Broadband networks and Access.
9. Wireless local and personal area networks.
10. World Wide Web.