Coordinating teacher: MARTINEZ BORJA, ALBERTO PEDRO
Department assigned to the subject: Department of Systems Engineering and Automation
ECTS Credits: 3.0 ECTS
Competences and skills that will be acquired and learning results.
The main objectives are:
- Obtain a first knowledge on unmanned air systems (UAS) including platforms, data links, ground segment and payloads,
- Design and size a UAS for a specific set of requirements
- Implement a SWOT analysis
Description of contents: programme
1. Types & Missions
2. Main systems and future trends
3. Conceptual design / Architecture (air and ground segments)
4. Data Links (LOS & SATCOM)
5. Payloads (EO/IR, SAR, ELS,...)
6. SWOT Analysis
Learning activities and methodology
- Basic concepts based on instructor experience on real systems design.
- Team Challenge: UAS design for specific set of requirements
- Students Support: 1 hour per week.
% end-of-term-examination 0
% of continuous assessment (assigments, laboratory, practicals...) 100
US - DOD. Unmanned Systems Integrated Roadmap 13-38. US DOD. 2013
The course syllabus and the academic weekly planning may change due academic events or other reasons.