Study: Master of Engineering and Transport Machinery (73)
Coordinating teacher: RUBIO ALONSO, HIGINIO
Department assigned to the subject: Department of Mechanical Engineering
ECTS Credits: 6.0 ECTS
Students are expected to have completed
Math & mechanics (degree level),
Competences and skills that will be acquired and learning results.
Solve problems of vibrations & noisy.
Isolate vibrations & noisy sources.
Use of vibration & noisy measurement equipment: accelerometers, microphones, speakers, etc.
Description of contents: programme
2. BASIS OF SOUND
3. MEASURMENT OF NOISE
4. NOISE CONTROL. INSULATION.
5. noise regulations.
6. FUNDAMENTALS OF VIBRATIONS
7. MEASUREMENT OF VIBRATIONS
8. VIBRATIONS IN MACHINES
9. NONLINEAR VIBRATIONS
10. REGULATIONS AND NOISE CONTROL
11. Modal Analysis
Learning activities and methodology
- Theoretical and practical Classes (50% ECTS) . Students learn the theoretical contents of the subject and its application to practical situations.
- Labs (10% ECTS). The student reinforces their knowledge with practical implementation in lab situations.
- Practical work (35% ECTS). The student demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to a real course.
- Participation in conferences, seminars or subject-related conferences (5% ECTS). Students acquire a thorough knowledge of the subject and its relation to other adjacent areas.
% end-of-term-examination 40
% of continuous assessment (assigments, laboratory, practicals...) 60