Description of contents. Programme.
The following list describes the main structure of the course, and the Chapters in the main textbook that cover each topic.
1. Consumer Theory: preference, utility functions, utility maximization, demand functions, indirect utility functions, expenditure minimization, duality, comparative statics, revealed preference (Chapters 1 to 4)
2. Production Choice: technology, production sets, profit maximization and cost minimization, input demands, supply function (Chapter 5)
3. Partial Equilibrium: supply and demand, equilibrium in competitive markets, efficiency, taxes, subsidies, price controls (Chapter 10)
4. General Equilibrium in Competitive Economies: partial and general equilibrium, existence of competitive equilibrium, cooperative and non-cooperative foundations of competitive equilibrium, welfare theorems (Chapter 15 to 19)
5. Social Choice Theory: preferences aggregation, social choice functions, Arrow's Theorem (Chapter 21)