By the end of this subject, students will be able to have:
1. Knowledge and understanding of the key aspects and concepts of industrial robotics and control methods
2. Coherent knowledge of their branch of engineering including some at the forefront of the branch in robotics
3. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve problems of industrial robotics using established methods.
4. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs of industrial robotics systems to meet defined and specified requirements.
5. An understanding of design methodologies, and an ability to use them in industrial robotics.
6. Technical and laboratory skills.
7. The ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods in industrial robotics.
8. The ability to combine theory and practice to solve engineering problems of industrial robotics.
9. An understanding of applicable techniques and methods in robotics, and of their limitations.