1. Introduction to Instrumentation Systems
- Block diagram of an electronic instrumentation system.
- Capture of physical quantities and simple sensors.
- Instrumentation systems in robotics
2. Sensors, signal conditioning and signal acquisition
- Static and dynamic characteristics of sensors
- Conditioning circuits, modulation techniques and signal filtering
- Signal acquisition
3. Measurement systems and basic sensors
- Temperature and strain measurements
- Position measurements. Contact and presence detectors.
- Pressure, force and torque measurements
4. Measurement system and advanced sensors
- Distance measurement with optical and ultrasonic sensors
- Orientation sensors and inertial units (IMUs), Image and video sensors.