1. Have the knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of the kinematic and dynamic of planar mechanisms and machines.
2. Have the ability to apply the knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve problems of kinematics and dynamics of simple machines and mechanisms using established methods.
3. Have the ability to design and perform experiments in the theory of machines and mechanisms, interpret the data and obtain conclusions.
4. Have technical and laboratory competences in mechanism and machine theory.
5. Have the ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods to solve problems of kinematics and dynamics of simple mechanisms and machines.
6. Have the ability to combine theory and practice to solve problems of simple mechanisms and machines.
7. Have an understanding of methods and techniques applicable to the theory of mechanisms and machines and their limitations.