1. Electronic signals and systems
- Block diagram of an electronic system.
- Electronic signal types and parameters that describe them.
2. Introduction to electronic components and integrated circuits
- Passive components: description, operation and applications.
- Diodes: description, operation and applications.
- Transistors: description, operation and applications.
- Moore's Law and integrated electronic circuits manufacturing.
3. Analog electronic subsystems: Signal amplifiers
- Description and modeling.
- Concept of transfer function. Types of transfer functions.
- Operational amplifiers. Applications.
4. Instrumentation subsystems
- Transducers and sensors. Types.
- Signal conditioning
5. Power supply subsystems
- Concept, classification, parameters
- Linear voltage regulators
- Switching voltage regulators
6. Digital electronic subsystems and A/D and D/A conversion
- Fundamentals of digital electronics. Numbering and coding in digital systems.
- Boolean algebra. Basic logic gates. Boolean logic functions and representation.
- Combinational and sequential digital circuits.
- A/D and D/A converters. Characteristics