1. Introduction to distributed systems, telematics and robotics.
2. Threads and concurrency.
3. Processes and interprocess communication (IPC).
4. Sockets. Transmission control protocol/Internet protocol (TCP/IP) and user datagram protocol/Internet protocol (UDP/IP) interfaces.
5. Communication models: multicasting and broadcast communication, client-server communication, peer-to-peer communication,hybrid interaction models.
6. Design of a distributed system with scripting languages: basic data structures, algorithms, coding protocols and communication.