- Comprehension of the importance of production processes and energy consumption in the economics carbon intensity
- Knowledge of the role of the production processes and energy consumption in the transition to decarbonized energetic systems.
- Comprehension of the main determinants of climate change mitigation related to the production and use of energy (technologic and behavioural factors)
as well as the method s for its identification.
- Knowledge of the role and relevance that different energetic technologies can play in the climate change mitigation, with special thoughtfulness on
electric generation technologies and, within these, renewable technologies.
- Grasp of fundamental concepts of the economy of renewable energies that allow students to identify its benefits and costs in the context of the
decarbonized energetic transition.
- Profound knowledge of the public policies that support the decarbonized energetic transition, with emphasis on the promotion of energetic efficiency
and renewable technologies in the electric generation system.
- Ability to compare policies and instruments to detect their advantages, inconveniences, and applicability in different contexts.
- Comprehension of the functioning of institutions and global governance mechanisms related to the energetic transition.