1. Steel Structures. Calculation methodologies and applicable standards
- Types of steel structures
- Standards and regulations
- Materials. Materials selection criteria.
2. Design, calculation and analysis of metallic structural elements.
- Design requirements
- Structural flexural elements. Lateral buckling and flexural buckling.
- Structural elements subjected to compression. Compression buckling.
- Structural elements subjected to shear
- Structural elements subjected to torsion.
- Structural elements subjected to combined forces.
3 Design of joints in steel structures
- General aspects
- Welded joints
- Bolted joints
4 Reinforced concrete structures.
- Characteristics of reinforced concrete. Material selection criteria.
- Special considerations in the analysis.
5 Design, calculation and dimensioning of reinforced concrete elements. Limit State Method.
- Elements and cross-sections subjected to bending.
- Elements and sections subjected to compression. Second order effects.
- Elements subjected to shear, torsion and punching.
- Longitudinal shear. Cantilevers.
- Displacement limit state (deformations and cracking).
6 Anchors and overlaps in reinforcements
7 Seismic resistant structures.
- General design requirements.
- Seismic-resistant systems.
- Metal rigid-frame system.
- Steel braced-frame system.
- Reinforced concrete rigid-node frame system.
- Reinforced concrete shear-frame system. Diaphragms.
8 Case studies.