Knowledge and management of the different techniques of digital communications (linear and non-linear, multi-carrier and spread spectrum), the structure of receivers and the basic techniques for protection against errors in digital communications.
Therefore, the subject has the goal of allowing the student to acquire the following general competences:
- Knowledge and development of technical skills required in the telecommunications field with emphasis in the analysis and mathematical characterization of a digital communication system.
In particular, the following specific competences:
- Acquisition of the knowledge of mathematics and statistics that will be used as a tool to solve engineering problems in the context of digital communication systems.
- The ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data and results.
- Design of a communication system with realistic constraints given by critical parameters such as cost, consume of power, bandwidth, transmission rate, and complexity.
- Ability of effective communication of information, in speech and in writing.