1. Introduction. Magnetism and magnetic materials. Connection between quantum concepts and macroscopic magnetic measurements. Spin and spin-orbit coupling.
2. Spintronics. Definition, origin and classes.
3. Origin of spintronics. Giant magnetoresistance and spin valves.
4. Tunnel magneto-resistance and magnetic tunnel junctions.
5. Spin injection and transport in semiconductors.
6. Spin transfer torque. Applications in the development of spintronics devices.
7. Direct and inverse spin Hall effects.
8. Materials for spintronics. Nanostructures.
9. Advanced spintronics: spinorbitronics and chiral systems.
10. Further advanced applications of spintronics: quantum computing and artificial intelligence.