In this seminar, the students will know, in a more practical way, case studies explained by specialists concerning the cultural models of cities. The subject
has relations with the course of urban studies, but here is emphasized the exam of concrete cases.
1. The city as an object of study.
2. Origin and evolution of cities throughout history.
3. The urbanization process and the world city system.
4. Changes in the contemporary urban landscapes.
5. The city in the age of globalization.
6. Cultural representations of the city.
7. City and cultural activities.
8. Introduction to urban policies.
9. Introduction to city management.