1. Introduction. Network communication protocols.
- TCP / IP and OSI model. IP routing. Port configuration. Common problems in clinical environment.
2. Hospital information systems
- Representation of information in medicine; Standard reference model (HL7, RIM and EN13606); The digital medical history;
- Vocabularies and terminologies (SNOMED); Hospital Information Systems (HIS); Standards for the interoperability of health information systems (HL7, IHE)
3. Integration of medical images in the hospital information systems
- RIS and PACS; The DICOM standard: need, model of information and functionalities, workflow in radiology, DICOM Conformance Statement, practical considerations, application development; Other departmental information systems in the hospital
4. Information systems outside the hospital environment
- Health information systems at regional or national level; Telemedicine and e-health
5. Security, confidentiality, authentication, data protection.
6. Decision Support Systems in clinical environment.