Students are expected to achieve the following goals:
- Learn how images are formed both in the human visual system and in digital cameras, attending both to photometric and geometric dimensions.
- Know well-known algorithms that implement processes of human vision: extraction of visual characteristics, estimation of movement, stereopsis, image registration, object tracking, visual recognition.
- Apply the knowledge acquired in previous related subjects (e.g. machine learning, deep learning) to the field of computer vision.
- Solve practical problems related to computer vision
- Design and develop a scientific-technical project that involves the use of computer vision techniques.