1. Concept of Politics. Philosophy of politics and its origins: Plato and Aristotle.
2. Ethics and Politics
3. Law and Political Power. The reason of State. Rule of Law and its evolution. Welfare state in crisis and the role of civil society.
4. Freedom, equality and Fundamental rights: contemporary interpretations. Fraternity as a political value.
5. Political obligation and obedience to Law. The political problem of authority.
6. Civil disobedience, features, conditions and its civic role.
7. Models of democracy. Contemporary debates on political representation.
8. Cosmopolitanism and cultural diversity. Diversity and differenciality.