It is intended that the student obtain basic knowledge about artistic activity throughout history, necessary to know in depth the society of each age and complete their cultural knowledge.
The aim of the contents is to develop the core concepts of art history and the main features of artistic movements, linking them to the social and political context in which they are generated in each historical epoch.
PART 1. INTRODUCTION TO THE HISTORY OF ART.
1. Foundations of Art History
2. Sources and methodology for its study
3. Main historiographic currents, especially those that emphasize society and the political context in which works of art are generated, as a document of their time.
PART 2. ART OF ANTIQUITY.
PART 3. MEDIEVAL ART
PART 4. MODERN ART
15. Neoclassic and Academy.
PART 5. CONTEMPORARY ART
16. The artistic avant-garde until the Second World War.
17. The Art after Hiroshima and Auschwitz.
18. Architecture: from Modernism to Deconstruction.