PART 1: THEORIES OF NATIONALISM
1. Definitions of ethnicity, nationalism, nationality, nation and state.
2. Modalities of nationalism: primordialism versus constructivism; ethnic and civic nationalism.
3. Structural approaches to nationalism
4. Theory of Social Movements and Nationalism
5. Nationalism as a fundamental element of consolidation of the modern state
6. Nationalism that seeks State: confluences of political, economic and cultural transformations.
7. Tools of socialization of nationalism: education, culture, religion, common past, geography, race, etc.
8. Nationalism and ideologies.
PART 2: HISTORY OF NATIONALISM
10. From the French Revolution to Romanticism
11. Independences and unifying processes in the19th Century
12. The emergence and paroxysm of authoritarian nationalism
14. Beyond nationalism: supranational, pan-national, transnational, multiple, cosmopolitan identifications ...
PART 3: THEORIES AND HISTORY OF IMPERIALISM
15. The theorizations in the classical world: Roman imperialism 16.Empire and papacy in the Middle Ages
1. Apogee and crisis of the "Universitas Christiana"
18. The modern theories of imperialism, from Hobson to Lenin.
19. The historical evolution of imperialism.