PART 1: HISTORY
- Early civilizations and ancient political entities in the Dekan peninsula
- India of the great Mughals
- The period of British domination
- Gandhi, Independence and the Congress Party
- Society, Culture and Religion in Contemporary India
- The dynasties of Ancient China.
- The Ming and the T'sing: Political and institutional framework and society and culture
- The lifting of the boxers and The China of the last emperors.
- The Chinese Revolution and the Mao regime
- The Chinese Post-Maoist.
- Japan of the time Sengoku.
- The great unifiers and the Tokugawa. Politics, society and culture
- The Meiji revolution.
- Contemporary Japan and the imperialism of World War II.
- The Japanese reconstruction
4. Korea and other large Asian countries.
- African pre-colonial political entities their social and cultural organization
- The colonial domination in Africa. Causes, development and consequences.
- African slavery
- African regions before the 20th century. Social and cultural aspects
- The colonial change (1918-1950) and the independent countries
- The processes of decolonization
- Obstacles and Challenges for African Development in the Contemporary Age
PART 2. POLITICS
· Asia as geographical region: general characterization and internal contrasts.
- Population and development. Explanatory Keys to the Recent Economic Emergency in Asia.
- The major regional powers of South and East Asia: case studies (China, Japan, India).
- Main geopolitical tensions and threats.
- Importance, challenges and perspectives of Asia in global geopolitics. Africa Geopolitics.
- Introduction to African geography: general characterization and regional contrasts
- The curse of resources: a geography of underdevelopment.
- Geopolitical conflicts in Africa. Study of cases.
- Africa and international society. Reflections on the role and future of Africa in a global world.