PART 1: THEORY OF THE STATE
1. Definitions of the State in the Social Sciences
2. State and war
3. The extractive capacity of the State
4. The coercive capacity of the State
5. The redistributive capacity of the State: the Welfare State
6. The territorial organization of the State: Federalism
7. The size of countries
PART 2: STATE FORMS FROM THE BEGINNINGS OF MODERN STATE TO CONTEMPORANEITY.
1. The Beginnings of the Modern State. Conditioning and Basis.
2. The Practice of Leviathan and Westphalian States
3. Centralization and State Reformism.
4. The National State and the Revolutionary Processes. Communism State.
5. The First International Organizations and Sovereignty of the States.