PART 1: THE FORMATION OF LIBERAL SPAIN (1808-1874)
1. Crisis of the Old Regime and liberal revolution.
2. Political instability and social change.
3. The slow penetration of capitalism
PART 2. THE RESTORATION PERIOD (1875-1931)
4. The Canovas¿ Restoration. General features.
5. Economic, social and cultural outlook of Spain between 1900 and 1930.
6. The war of Cuba and "regenerationism".
7. Political crisis of the Restoration system. The opposition to the system: socialism, anarchism, nationalism.
8. The war in Africa and the military question.
9. The Dictatorship of Primo de Rivera (1923-1930)
PART 3. THE CRISIS OF THE THIRTIES (1931-1939)
10. The arrival of the Second Republic. The reformist biennium (1931-1933).
11. The Radical-CEDA biennium. The center-right in power (1933-1936).
12. The elections of 1936 and the military uprising.
13. The Spanish Civil War: causes, stages and development.
14. Evolution of the sides in conflict. Republican Spain and insurgent Spain.
PART 4: FRANCO'S SPAIN (1939-1975)
15. The postwar period and the repression. The first Francoism: from national-syndicalism to national-Catholicism (1939-1959).
16. The dictatorship, from its heyday to its decline (1959-1975). Economic, social and political transformations. The opposition groups.
17. Approach to the figure of Francisco Franco.