PART 1. NEXT EAST AND EGYPT
1. Mesopotamia and Egypt and its evolution until the end of the third millennium.
2. The Second Millennium in the Near East and Egypt.
- The first half of the II millennium: the consolidation of empires.
- The second half of the second millennium: the unstable balance between empires and palatial states.
3. The I millennium in the Near East and Egypt.
- The great territorial empires: Assyria and Babylon.
- The small oriental kingdoms. The Persian Empire. Egypt.
PART 2. GREECE
4. The Greek world, from the origins to the Homeric Epoch.
5. The origins of the polis. The Archaic Epoch in Hellas.
6. Greece in the Classical Epoch.
7. Greece in the fourth century and the conquests of Alexander the Great.
8. The Hellenistic world.
PART 3. ROME
9. The origins of Rome and the beginnings of the Republic.
10. The imperialist Republic until Julius Caesar.
12. The High Empire.
13. The Late Empire.