This subject qualifies student to create plan the installation and commisioning of the most relevant electrometical systems. Students will also be capable elaborate the maintenance and supply programmes. To do this, he will learn to draw up a plan for the renewal and acquisition of new electromedical systems and equipment, taking into account both the technical requirements and the cost of the different alternatives.
COMPETENCES THAT THE STUDENT ACQUIRES WITH THIS MATTER
CB6 Possess and understand knowledge that provides a base or opportunity to be original in the development and / or application of ideas
CB7 That students know how to apply the knowledge acquired and their ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of study
CB8 That students are able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of formulating judgments based on information that, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments
CB9 That students know how to communicate their conclusions and the knowledge and ultimate reasons that sustain them to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way
CB10 That students have the learning skills that allow them to continue studying in a way that will be largely autonomous.
CG3 Ability to design and carry out technological projects in the field of the application of engineering to medicine, as well as to analyze and interpret their results.
CG4 Ability to evaluate medical equipment and instrumentation in complex multidisciplinary environments, assessing the needs of different clinical users and offering objective measures for decision making.
CE1 Ability to evaluate algorithms and data processing techniques in complex multidisciplinary environments, assessing the needs of different clinical users and offering objective measures for decision making.
CE3 Ability to apply advanced techniques of health technology management, both in technical and economic aspects, and including the acquisition and maintenance thereof.
CE11 Ability to plan, manage and supervise the installation and maintenance of non-implantable active medical devices in electromedicine systems and their associated facilities, under quality criteria, in safety conditions and complying with current regulations.
CE13 Ability to plan, manage and supervise hospital infrastructures under quality criteria, in safety conditions and complying with current regulations.
LEARNING RESULTS THAT THE STUDENT ACQUIRES
In overcoming this subject, students should be able to:
- Characterize the clinical electromedical service of a hospital/health institution and its relationship with the technical assistance services, recognizing the importance and repercussion of its proper management.
- Prepare a plan for the renewal and acquisition of new equipment of clinical electromedicine, analyzing the clinical needs of the center and the obsolescence and state of the available technology park.
- Define the technical characteristics of the new equipment to be acquired, considering the compatibility and connectivity with other facilities and infrastructures of the health center and the current technological innovation.
- Analyze the cost of the different purchase alternatives of equipment, breaking down the corresponding items and using reference prices.
- Elaborate an inventory and learn how to take care of its management.