After completing the course satisfactorily, students should:
- Know techniques and theoretical aspects of data visualization.
- Know methods for design, visual coding and interaction with data.
- Know and understand the state of the art of data visualization.
- Clearly and efficiently understand how to communicate patterns found in the data.
Acquire proficiency for:
- Use tools to generate data visualizations.
- Use tools that generate interactive visualizations in a web environment.
- Explain the importance of choosing an appropriate color map.
- Identify a visualization where an inappropriate design choice was made and explain why the choice was inadequate.
and acquire skills:
- to know the phases that comprise a complete data visualization project, independent of any specific software tool;
- to propose alternative ways to visualize the same set of data;
- to create better and more reflective data visualizations;
- identify their own learning needs in relation to the use of data visualization in a specific context;