The main general objectives of the course are: (1) to explore the practice of the Management of Business; (2) to study the logic and the way organizations and companies react to the current challenges; and (3) to research how they develope and sustain the competitive advantages in a constantly changeable environment, influenced by economic, political, social and cultural factors.
The instructive objectives of this course are the following:
- To explain the concepts, models and techniques associated to the Management and Administation of Business.
- To understand and analyse the context in which companies and organizations develope their activities.
- To apply relevant measurement systems for the different functional areas of the company, which may contribute to the problem idntification and solving.
- To understand the company¿s planning process.
At the same time, students will have to develop the following aptitudes:
- To know how a company is managed.
- To differentiate between enterprise and entrepeneur.
- To analyse the company from its functional areas.
- To develope a critical thought from the research, analysis and interpretation of the company¿s problems.
- To show the ability to communicate written and orally.
The professional competences that students will acquire are:
- To apply the Management of Business knowledge to solve current practical problems.
- To explore the factors that determine the companies¿ success and failure.
- To apply the planning tools that improve the individual and colective performance.
- To apply the different Management of Business basic functions such as planning, organization, management and control.
- Ability to integrate the concepts of Management, Organizational Behaviour, Finance, Operations Management and Marketing in solving specific problems.