The basic goal of this course is the analysis of Communication and Information in the contemporary world. The student will acquire the capacity for reflection on communicative and informative facts through the knowledge of terminology, concepts and main theories as well as the practical implications in the field
At the completion of this course, students will
1. Become familiar with both conceptual and terminological current concepts related to Information and Communication.
2. Recognize basic concepts associated with Information and Documentation, their types and properties.
3. Identify information problems in different media and develop effective strategies for their resolution.
4. Know the characteristics of information flows and information lifecycle in several environments.
5. Understand characteristics and evolution of the Information Society and the Knowledge Society
6. Recognize the implications of the use of ICT for the field of Information and Communication
7. Identify the main information intermediaries in the current Society: libraries, archives and documentation centers both in their physical version and in their role as providers of digital information services.