The general purpose of the course is to provide students a general set of knowledge, skills and abilities in relation to the markup languages used for the communication, search, dissemination and exchange of information on the Internet and especially on the Web. This will serve to address the acquisition of knowledge and skills in other tools and services that rely on this basic technology.
Specific competences of the Degree, especially applicable to the course:
E10 - To know the basic principles and the programming and markup languages of Web documents
Learning outcomes (RA) of the Degree, applicable to the course:
- RA1. Have acquired advanced knowledge, and demonstrated understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects and methodology of work in the area of information management and digital content with a depth that reaches the forefront of knowledge.
- RA2. Apply the acquired knowledge, its understanding and their capacities to solve complex and/or specialized problems in the professional field.
RA of the subject, applicable to the course, extended. Specifically, the students should be able to:
1. Recognize and represent schematically the logical structure of different document types. To identify any node in the structure by means of a path.
2. Apply style sheets to represent a document.
3. Correctly interpret the markup of SGML, HTML or XML documents.
4. Describe and represent the generic abstract structure of a given document type according to the DTD syntax; to convert a DTD into an XML schema, adding the needed constraints..
5. Transform XML documents into another format, such as HTML, using XSLT and XPath.
6. Handle specific software to work with XML documents and its related specifications.
7. Know and manage at the basic level the markup (HTML) and stylesheet (CSS) languages used in the Web, emphasizing the importance of respect for standards and accessibility.
8. Compose from scratch a functional, correct and accessible web page from a structural and semantic point of view, using HTML with a simple text editor.
9. Add representation and style specifications for a web page, using CSS with a simple text editor.
10. To know some common markup languages in the field of information services.