- Knowledge and understanding that provide a basis or opportunity for originality in developing and / or applying ideas, often in a research context.
- That the students can apply their knowledge and ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar in wider or multidisciplinary environments related to their field of study.
- That the students can integrate their knowledge, as well as handle the complexity of making judgements from an incomplete or limited information, but which could include reflections about the social and ethic responsibilities that could be linked to the application of their judgements and knowledge.
- That the students possess learning skills that allow them following their long-life learning in a self-conducted and self-sufficient way.
- Ability to propose, design, implement and maintain a system with photonic components for a specific application
- Handling of tools aiming to design photonic devices and systems.
- To be aware of the current trends in different applications of photonic technologies and learned experiences from real cases.
- Capacity of selecting novel photonic components, technologies and subsystems.
- Capacity of designing photonic devices, passive and active, and of evaluating its performance
- Capacity of effectively searching information, as well of identifying the state of the art in a technological problem in the field of photonic devices and systems.