Socialmedia and Social Web is an increasingly popular phenomenon. The concept of Social Web together with the Web 2.0 are creating new guidelines on the behavior of users and the managers of digital information services. The term 'Social Web' has different scope, and is generally used to describe how Web users interact with different purposes and interests.
Social Web is an attitude that involves interaction and participation of users in the construction of content and the Web. From a functional point of view social Web could be defined with three letters 'SCB': Share, Comment and Build. The Social Web certainly involves the construction of collective knowledge, whose synergy is creating new trends and new technologies that must be taken into account when implementing new digital information services.
Contents of this course:
- EVOLUTION OF THE WEB. What is Social Web, Web 2.0, etc. History and precursors of the Social Web. Social Web and Digital Libraries.
- PUBLISH AND SHARE. Leading Social Web tools and technologies involved.
- VIRTUAL COMMUNITIES. (Types of communities, network interactions, user types, event types, etc..). Horizontal and vertical social networks.
- STRATEGIES FOR DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTING SOCIAL NETWORKS. Communication. Monitoring, metrics
- ETHICS, PRIVACY, TRUST AND DIGITAL REPUTATION MANAGEMENT
- FUTURE DIRECTIONS OF THE SOCIAL WEB (Linked data, SSW).