BASIC COMPETENCES OF THE SUBJECT:
BC6: students must know and understand the knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and / or application of ideas, often in a research context.
BC9: Students must know how to communicate their knowledge and conclusions and the reasons that support them to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear way.
GENERAL COMPETENCES OF THE SUBJECT:
GC1: Understand the impact of new digital environments on libraries, archives and other documentation services, as well as the role of information and documentation professionals and experts in this technological and social context.
GC2: Identify lines of technological innovation in libraries and archives and documentation centers, and undertake possible projects for its development.
GC5: Recognize the growing importance of teamwork and demonstrate adaptability and integration in different work environments, maintaining relationships and communication flows.
GC11: Ability to interpret, apply and innovate in context methodologies, technologies, policies and new methods of analysis, treatment and retrieval of information.
SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES OF THE SUBJECT:
CE7: ¿¿Visualization of data, using temporal, geo-spatial, thematic and network analysis techniques.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
1. Understand the history and evolution of the Web, as well as the implications of the different denominations that receive different stages of this evolution: Web 1.0, Web 2.0, Web 3.0 and linked data.
2. Know and handle the most important social media professionally.
-Services (Weblogs, Wikis, Social Networks, Link sharing systems, files, videos, photos, etc.)
-Technologies (syndication, microformats, FOAF, OpenID, etc.)
-Techniques (blogging, microblogging, social tagging, etc.)
-Tools (social browsers, newsreaders, APIs, widgets, etc.)
3. To know the most important products, services, experiences and good practices in the creation of spaces for interaction and social collaboration in the field of libraries, archives and digital information services.
4. Analyze different social technologies through the empirical study of several social systems (analysis of social networks).
5. To know the techniques and tools of basic analytics for the evaluation of the performance of an organization in social networks.
6. Plan, design and manage a social web system in the digital information services environment.
7. Know the main trends of the Social Web and project its use and application to digital information systems and services in the field of libraries, archives and other information systems