The subject QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS is part of the set of subjects necessary for the learning of the general subject-matter DIRECTION AND MANAGEMENT OF ARCHIVES AND LIBRARIES within of the Master.
BASIC SKILLS OF THE GENERAL SUBJECT-MATTER
BS7. To know how to apply the acquired knowledge and the ability to solve problems in new or little known environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of study.
BSB9. To know how to communicate conclusions and the acquired knowledge and reasons that support them to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way.
GENERAL SKILLS OF THE GENERAL SUBJECT-MATTER
GS2. To identify lines of technological innovation in libraries and archives and documentation centers, and undertake possible projects for their development.
GS3. To lead and to manage archives, libraries and digital information services in various fields of application, both public bodies and private companies.
GS5. To recognize the growing importance of teamwork in the workplace and to prove adaptability and integration in different work environments, maintaining relationships and communication flows.
GS6. To accept the need for constant self-learning and continuous training as tools that facilitate adaptation to technological and organizational innovations.
GS7. To acquire a global and coordinated vision of the processes and services that are given in the libraries and the archives and the incidence that the control of the quality of the same has in the satisfaction of the users.
GS8. To value the rigorous and well-done work, when planning, organizing and developing the own activities, demonstrating initiative, creativity and sense of responsibility, maintaining the interest throughout the process, and feeling personal satisfaction for the results achieved.
GS9. To integrate knowledge, to make judgments and to communicate conclusions, as well as the ultimate knowledge and reasons that support them to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way.
GS10. To recognize the need for continuous adaptation to different jobs in different productive sectors, and technological and organizational innovations related to the profession, showing interest in incorporating new techniques, processes, tools and technologies into the profession's own activities .
SPECIFIC SKILLS OF THE GENERAL SUBJECT-MATTER
SS2. To know and to apply the principles and techniques of management to achieve the efficiency of the human team in the provision of services.
SS8. To apply methodologies and tools that allow an agile, effective, adapted and evaluable response to risks or alterations that endanger the digital continuity of the organization.
LEARNING RESULTS OF THE GENERAL SUBJECT-MATTER
The essential value of the training received in the subjects of this general subject-matter is directed towards an aspect that transcends clearly the mere technical or instrumental capacity. In fact, the student must understand that its correct management of documents impacts on the digital continuity and above all in the business strategy of the organization. This general subject-matter focuses on training students not only in information but also in knowledge for decision-making in a highly competitive environment.
After passing the general subject-matter, the students will be able to:
- Apply the basic skills and competencies that a manager must have to manage and get things done through others, getting the most out of available resources, as well as designing and adapting tools that allow optimal performance of the service.
- Know the principles and theoretical foundations of Quality as a Management Philosophy and the characteristics it presents in the units / information services.
- Learn from the experiences and practices carried out in libraries and other information centers related to the application of Quality Management Systems.
- Define the infrastructure of effective knowledge management in document centers.
- Know the different ways of approaching the technological leap in the management of documentary centers.
- Understand the value of competitive intelligence.
- Know the models of application of competitive intelligence to organizations.
- Apply strategies and prospective techniques for studying the future as an opportunity for change.
LEARNING RESULTS OF THE ELECTIVE SUBJECT
After passing the subject QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS, the student should be able to:
- Know in the units / services of information, as organizations of services and systems open to the environment, the different perspectives from which to be able to consider Quality and the principles and theoretical foundations that support it as a Management Philosophy and necessary response to the challenges of the digital world.
- Know, from a holistic and dynamic approach to organizational functioning, the evaluation process as a necessary requirement to achieve value results, and to understand the importance of incorporating a culture of evaluation in accordance with the search for continuous improvement posited by the Philosophy of Quality management.
- Understand the theoretical and practical foundations underlying a Quality Management System and the quality models and quality management systems that can be applied, and are being applied, in information services/units, as well as the contributions that a Quality Management System can make to the organisational management of information units in order to contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
- Design and implement a quality system with all its components, using the methodology and the most appropriate tools to implement it.
- Know the main tools by which to analyze the needs and quality expectations of users in the digital environment, and the processes of accreditation and certification of a Quality Management System.
- Learn from the experiences and practices conducted in libraries and other information services related to the application of Quality Management Systems, understanding the Philosophy of Quality and what it means to work with it..