The TFM (Trabajo de Fin de Máster, Master Thesis) is not a subject comparable to the rest of the modules or subjects, but it is key in the master. This subject is focused not only on the learning of the student, but also in its ability to demonstrate and defend it through the accomplishment of a specific work on one of the subjects chosen by the student, according to a teacher-tutor.
The work will be carried out individually or exceptionally in a group of two people, with the permission of the director of the Master.
To guide the student in the choice of the subject of his TFM, the professors will propose specific topics of work for their choice.
PROCEDURE FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THE TFM
Detailed below are the steps to be followed for the presentation and defense of the TFM, once finished, and having agreed his presentation the tutor and the student:
1. The direction of the master will establish the dates of presentation and defense of the works through the academic calendar of the master, and will communicate to the students the deadlines of presentation to attend a concrete call.
2. The courts shall be appointed to evaluate the TFM in each convocation according to the following criteria:
-The court consist of 3 professors of the master or, failing that, professors of the departments that participate in the teaching.
-The courts are appointed following the random criterion of the order of the first surname, on an alphabetical list with all the teachers of the master.
-A court will not evaluate more than 5 TFMs.
3. The student will confirm the presentation of his work to the direction of the master and upload two identical copies in PDF of the work in the learning platform (AG, Aula Global):
- A copy, in the Turnitin delivery activity, created for each call.
- Another, in a normal delivery activity, as a backup copy.
The court shall have access to both copies from the delivery of the TFM to the date of its defence.
4. The tutor of the TFM will send two copies of the form that authorizes the presentation of the TFM, available in AG:
- One, by internal mail, on paper and signed, to the administrative secretary of the Master
- One, by email, identical to that sent on paper, to the master's Director. This copy, with the director's assessment, must be available, prior to the defence of the work, for consultation by the court.
5. The direction of the Master and the Tribunal shall agree on the time and place of the defences, which shall be communicated to the students.
6. Each student should present his or her work in court in 15 minutes, and should also answer all the questions asked
7. The Tribunal shall evaluate each TFM through the ad hoc evaluation matrix, available in AG.
8. Once the act of defense has been completed and all the students are evaluated, the Clerk of the Tribunal (who will be the least old professor, among the appointed), shall forward to the postgraduate service the results of the evaluation so that the administrative secretary of the master passes the results to the corresponding record of the TFM.