CARLOS III UNIVERSITY
Dual Bachelor in Law and Economics
OBJECTIVE AND ORGANIZATION OF PRACTICES
The purpose of the subject Professional internships is to offer students a first approach to the world of work by performing curricular internships in companies / institutions. Specifically, it is intended that they know the activity developed in companies and public or private institutions where students perform the internships.
The student can consult the information related to the subject of professional internships in the link of Secretaría Virtual de Aula Global.
The directors of the different Degrees are those who establish the regime of professional internship in their degree (specifically the activities of organization, supervision, monitoring and evaluation), within the established in the curriculum. In particular, the directors of the degrees have agreed:
Appoint a professor academic tutor in whom the academic functions of organization, supervision, monitoring and evaluation of the subject are delegated. The academic tutor is Mrs. Marta Nogareda Moreno
Delegate the management of the administrative tasks associated with the provision and follow-up of these internships to the 'Servicio de Orientación y Empleo'. The internships are regulated by the Programs of Educational Cooperation, under which, the University and the company or entity collaborator sign an Agreement of Educational Cooperation that will allow to realize the internships to the students.
The duration of the internships is 500 hours. Only internships in those companies or collaborating institutions that are included in the next link will be admitted as valid in this subject.
The academic tutor Mrs. Marta Nogareda Moreno (email@example.com), is entrusted with the following duties:
Explain the operation of the subject.
Personal attention to students. The student can go to the academic tutor, within the established tutoring schedule, to raise any problem or doubt that has regarding the subject, the latter being in charge of seeking its solution.
Assessment of academic performance.
When the academic tutor detects anomalies in the performance of the internships, she will carry out an investigation and determine If, in her opinion, it is possible to rectify, or not such anomalies.
ADMISSION IN THE SUBJECT
The Regulation of this subject establishes a series of mandatory requierements:
Students must have passed at least 110 ECTS.
For the Degrees considered here, the subject of Professional internships is elective. As in other elective subjets, each grade will offer a limited number of places and students will be admitted based on the average grade of academic record established in section 3 of the Rector's Resolution of March, 2003 (among the applicants students who have 110 ECTS approved). Students must apply for admission to the course in 'Campus Global', the application period for the subject will be April 2019. The list of successful students will be published on APRIL 30th.
The management of the subsequent enrollment of the admitted students will be carried out in accordance with the regular procedure established by the student service and the Vice-rectorate degree. Enrollment will be made in July or December according to the curriculum.
The student will be able to carry out the interships from May 2019 to August 2020.
The professional internships will be carried out within the working day established by the company or institution where they are carried out. Regarding other subjects, the student is responsible for enrolling in groups with a schedule compatible with the practices.
INTERNSHIPS (Ordinary registration)
Once enrolled in the subject, the student must follow the following procedure, (otherwise it will be evaluated as "Not Presented").
1. Attend the information meeting that will be convened by the academic tutor in the month of May 2019. Attendance at this meeting is MANDATORY for students admitted by ordinary procedure. Students who at the time of the meeting are Erasmus and therefore can not attend, should contact by email with the academic tutor to be informed about the operation of the subject.
2. As soon as possible, you must register with the Guidance and Employment Service. The registration process will also be explained at Informational Meeting (on may).
3. Based on the different practices proposed by the companies or institutions included in the annex to this Regulation, the students will be selected considering the profile demanded and the average grade of academic record. The company will interview the selected students.
4. The company will finally decide the students who will carry out the internships. In case of not being selected, the procedure will be repeated as many times as necessary until selected by a Company.
5. If the student is selected in a company, it is mandatory to join it. In marked case of unjustified rejection of a practice by the student, he will be automatically qualified as "Not Presented". The subject does not have an extraordinary call, there is only one ordinary call per academic year.
6. Once incorporated, the student must carry out the 500 hours of profesional internships subject to the duration, schedule, place, activity and other conditions established in the corresponding agreement signed between the University and the company or institution where the practices are carried out. In no case, the internships can be abandoned until the 500 hours are made, (even if the student offers internships in another company). If the practices are abandoned, the subject will be marked "Not Presented".
7. In order to pass the subject it is necessary to carry out with diligence and use the activities in which the internships consists, according to the program and specific conditions approved.
4. The students will be marked based on two documents, being their responsibility the delivery of both:
A. A memory of activities developed by the student, where he synthesizes his learning throughout the 500 hours of internships. This memory has a weight of 40% in the final grade.
B. Evaluation report of the external tutor (in the company), which must be completed and delivered directly by email to the academic tutor (firstname.lastname@example.org). The evaluation of the tutor in the company has a weight of 60% in the final grade.
The evaluation documents mentioned in the previous point must be submitted within 15 days after the end of the internship period.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR THE "EXTRAORDINARY ENROLLMENT" IN THE SUBJECT OF PROFESIONAL INTERNSHIPS
If the student hasn't applied for the subject in April 2019 or has not been admitted ORDINARY PROCEDURE according to what is established in the section AWARDING AND ADMISSION, you can apply for REGISTRATION IN THE SUBJECT MATTER BY EXTRAORDINARY PROCEDURE.
To request the "EXTRAORDINARY ENROLLMENT", it will be necessary the following requirements:
1. The average grade of the academic record of the student can not be less than 5 tenths to mark of the last student awarded the place by ordinary registration, (cut off grade).
2. To be doing internships or to begin to carry them out through an Educational Cooperation Agreement whose minimum duration is 500 hours in one of the valid companies or institutions. The tasks performed must be appropriate to the degree that is being performed.
In order to apply for enrollment in the subject by extraordinary procedure, the student muust complete all the information required in the request link of Secretaria Virtual de Aula Global.
The requests will be studied one by one by the academic tutor of the degree. Once verified the fulfillment of the previous requirements, the academic tutor will personally authorize to the Office of students the enrollment in the subject by extraordinary procedure.
The students authorized to enroll the subject by extraordinary procedure will be applied the Regulation of the subject in the same way as to the students enrolled by ordinary procedure.
INTERNSHIPS (Extraordinary enrollment)
1. Interships completed before to the application for the "Extraordinary enrollment" will not be valid.
2. Extraordinary enrollment may be requested during the first or second term of the course.
3. When the internships are validated by the academic tutor, 500 hours of internships must be carried out in the companies / institutions listed in the Annex to this Regulation, and it is not possible to change companies. If the internships are abandoned, the subject will be classified as "Not presented".
4. The evaluation process of the student of extraordinary enrollment will be exactly the same as the students who have enrolled the subject by 'ordinary' procedure.
(Students with ordinary and extraordinary enrollment)
The assessment is competence of the academic tutor. The student have to deliver:
1. Activity report (40% of the mark): Elaborated by the student, is a summary of the tasks developed in the internships and the learning carried out.
2. Report of the external tutor in the company (60% of the mark): It is a document with the evaluation of the company on the work done by the student in the internships. This evaluation will be written by the external tutor in the company in a predefined form, (which the student will provide), and should be sent personally by the tutor via email to the academic tutor (email@example.com).
Both documents must be submitted to the academic tutor during the 15 days after the end of the internships. Failure to submit any of the required documents within 15 days after the end of the training period will penalize the grade according to the degree of delay. If they are not presented or the delay exceeds one month, the subject is automatically qualified as not presented.
Revision of the grades: The revision of the grades follows the internal regulations established by the University. Therefore, students who go to the review can only consult the Report and Report of the external Tutor, and may request the review of their final grade when they consider that an error has been made in their grade.
The internship abroad is developed through the Erasmus + Practices program. The administrative management of this program is carried out by the Guidance and Employment Service.
The possible academic recognition of these practices will be carried out by the vicedecano of the degree following the provisions established by the Regulations of the subject.