- Introduction to the concepts, models and theories that explain the growth and development of Spain in the long run.
- Learning about the most relevant studies on the field.
- Learning about the process of growth and its relationship with demographic, technological and institutional changes.
- Applying comparative analysis to understand the problems in Spain in European perspective and in comparison to other regions in the world, identifying geographical and temporal similarities and differences.
- Developing the capacity to find, process, evaluate and transmit information with clarity, both writing and presenting.
- Writing a research essay concerning one or several studies related to the economic history of Spain.
- Learning to analyse historical data, including estimation techniques and the construction of historical series.
- Acquiring the skills to elaborate questions about the economic development of Spain and to answer them with the help of economic analysis and quantitative methods.
- An open attitude towards different dimensions of Spanish economic growth.
- A flexible attitude to criticize with academic rigour and to accept criticisms.
- An open attitude to search for answers to the current problems in Spain.
- Encouraging the curiosity of the student to face complex topics.