Research Approaches and Theories in Political Science
Dual Bachelor in International Studies and Political Science (2018 Study Plan) (Plan: 411 - Estudio: 320)
Coordinating teacher: GARMENDIA MADARIAGA, AMUITZ
Department assigned to the subject: Social Sciences Department
ECTS Credits: 6.0 ECTS
- Understanding of the main approaches, theories and models of contemporary political analysis.
- Ability to link theoretical issues of contemporary politics with the empirical factors and the dynamics of
1. Brief introduction to Political Science.
2. Research paradigms and explanations models in Political Science.
3. Normative theory.
5. Rational choice theory.
6. System Analysis and functionalism.
8. New institutionalism.
10. Feminist theory.
Learning activities and methodology
Teaching time is distributed according to the following training activities:
- Lectures on the development of theoretical contents: 50 per 100 of the course time.
- Practical sessions aimed at implementing theoretical concepts through practical exercises: 50 per 100 of the course time.
% end-of-term-examination 50
% of continuous assessment (assigments, laboratory, practicals...) 50