The specific aims of the subject constitutional law regarding academic competences, or as regards the acquisition of basic knowledge, are the following:
1. Knowledge of origins, historical development and current meaning of concept of Constitution and its functions in the context of the social and democratic rule of law.
2. Knowledge of the period of political transition processes to democracy and the constituent phase of 1978 Spanish Constitution, as well as the general meaning of the main principles underlying the Spanish Constitution and to be able to observe and distinguish its manifestations in the constitutional text.
3. Knowledge of the system of fundamental rights, constitutionally recognized, and theirs guarantees.
4. Knowledge of the legal elements of the process of formation of power in a democracy: the right to vote, election, political parties, direct democracy.
5. Knowledge of constitutional settings of the Crown as head of State.
6. Knowledge of the role of the Cortes Generales as Parliament: mode of election, structure and organization, status of theirs members, functions.
7. Knowledge of the function of the Spanish parliamentary system:establishment of the Government, parliamentary control, political responsibility requirement, dissolution of the Parliament.
8. Knowledge of the constitutional position of the Government: composition, operation, structure, functions and cessation.
9. Knowledge of the role of the judicature in the constitutional system
10. Knowledge of the main rules of the territorial organization of the State: territorial autonomy, distribution of powers State-Autonomous Communities.
11. Knowledge of the nature of supreme norm and founding norm of the order that the Constitution has
12. Knowledge of the importance of constitutional rigidity and procedures for the amendment of 1978 Constitution.
13. Knowledge of the main elements of the constitutional system of law sources.
14. Knowledge of the institutional position of the Constitutional Court as guarantor of the constitutional supremacy.