Description of contents: Programme.
- Unit 1. Poltical parties: definitions and historical evolution. Party models and democracy; from cadre to cartel and movement-parties.
- Unit 2. The functions of political parties regarding institutions and society.
- Unit 3. The organtion and structure of political parties: ideology, members, resources and faces of parties; dominant coalition and territorial structure. The finances of political parties.
- Unit 4. Democracy in political parties: the making of political platforms and the selection of party officials and electoral candidates.
- Unit 5. Democracy and party systems: definition and typologies. Stability and change.
- Unit 6. Parties and party systems in democratic Spain.
- Unit 7. Pressure groups: traits, organization and activity patterns.
- Unit 8. The (new) social movements: evolution, traits, movilization patterns and interaction with the political system. New social movements and social networks.