The subject is structured in the following thematic blocks:
1. Political culture, values and ideologies
- The world of values in political system
- Analysis of beliefs, attitudes and ideologies in the political system
- Characteristics and stages of political socialization
- Political culture and its types
2. Political Actors and Behavior
- Political parties and party systems. Political leadership
- Interest groups, lobbies, and social movements
- Media and politics
- Political participation in democratic societies
- Political representation and elections. Models of electoral systems.
- Basic analysis of electoral behavior
3. Public Policy and Administration
- Policy analysis: conventional cycle, actors and "styles"
- Problem formulation, decision making and agenda setting
- Public policy implementation and evaluation
- Public management and administration in contemporary world.