1. Understand the basic concepts of population, sample, variable and statistic.
2. Know how to summarize a sample using measures of centre and variability.
3. Learn how to use statistical graphs to illustrate the main features of a sample.
4. Understand and implement the basic ideas of a regression analysis.
5. Learn how to estimate a population parameter based on sample data and how to formalize a hypothesis test.
6. Use of statistical software.
1. Capacity of analysis and synthesis.
2. Understanding of how to use computer packages.
3. Problem solving.
5. Critical reasoning.
6. Verbal and written communication.