- Students should be able to apply their knowledge and their problem-solving skills in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their field of study.
- Students should be able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate judgments based on information that, being incomplete or limited, includes thoughts about the social and ethical responsibilities related to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- Develop concise, clear and justified documentation, and specify the work to be done for the development, integration and implementation of complex and high added value electronic systems.
- Ability to devise, design, implement and maintain an electronic system in a specific application.
- Acquire teamwork skills within a multidisciplinary contex.
- Adopt the scientific method as a fundamental working tool in both professional and research environments.
- Ability to use advanced tools, techniques and methodologies for the design of electronic systems or subsystems.
- Ability to design a device, system or application that meets a given specification, using a systematic and multidisciplinary approach, and integrating modules and advanced tools that are specific to the field of Electronic Engineering.
- Ability to solve practical problems related to the elements interaction within and outside of an electronic system. It will be considered signal interferences, electromagnetic compatibility and thermal management, during the design stages, pre-manufacturing stage and also when re-design was required.
- Students should be able to identify those figures of merit and comparison techniques needed to obtain the best solutions to scientific and technological challenges in the field of Electronic Engineering and its applications.
- Ability to apply optimization techniques for the development of electronic circuits and subsystems.
At the end of the subject, the student will achieve:
- to know which is the most suitable converter for each application, taking into account a given set of specifications.
- to design effectively magnetic components (inductors and transformers). In addition the student will be able to select the best power semiconductors and capacitors for each application and specifications.
- to implement optimization techniques in order to obtain the best solution form a global point of view.
- to design adequately the elements that configures the thermal management of the power converter.
- to design those circuits that converts a conceptual design into a product (protections, isolation elements, mechanical enclosure, etc.)