- Know how to apply the acquired knowledge and their ability to solve problems in new or little-known environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of study.
- Prepare concise, clear and reasoned documentation and specify the work to be carried out for the development, integration and application of complex electronic systems with high added value.
- Conceive, design, implement and maintain an electronic system in a specific application.
- Acquire teamwork skills integrating multidisciplinary approaches.
- Adopt the scientific method as a fundamental work tool to be applied in both professional and research fields.
- Ability to design electronic systems both at the conceptual level, based on specific specifications, and at the system level, using modeling and simulation tools, and at the subsystem level, using, among others, hardware description languages.
- Ability to handle advanced tools, techniques and methodologies for designing electronic systems or subsystems.
- Ability to design a device, system or application that meets given specifications, using a systematic and multidisciplinary approach and integrating advanced modules and tools that are specific to the field of Electronic Engineering.
- Ability to identify merit factors and effective comparison techniques to obtain the best solutions to scientific and technological challenges in the field of Electronic Engineering and its applications.
- Ability to apply optimization techniques for the development of electronic circuits and subsystems.
After passing this subject, students should be able to:
- Know the different types of embedded systems and their fields of application, including those based on reconfigurable devices.
- Know the differences between a reconfigurable digital system and a microprocessor-based digital system, and evaluate for each application the use of each one or the integration of both in an embedded system.
- Know and exploit the advantages and disadvantages of developing an embedded system, using a platform based on a generic operating system.
- Know development tools for embedded systems.
- Use a specific development tool to describe and program a microcontroller-based digital system embedded in a reconfigurable device.