Study: Master in Advice and Legal Consulting Job (303)
Coordinating teacher: GOMEZ ABELLEIRA, FRANCISCO JAVIER
Department assigned to the subject: Department of Private Social and International Law
ECTS Credits: 2.0 ECTS
Competences and skills that will be acquired and learning results.
In addition to general competences (teamwork, oral and written communication), this course provides a specialized knowledge of the EU labour law, with special attention to its practical standing in the employment arena.
Description of contents: programme
1. EMPLOYMENT-RELATED CONTENTS OF THE TREATIES.
2. A LABOUR PERSPECTIVE ON THE FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS IN THE CHARTER OF FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS OF THE EU.
3. EFFICACY OF THE DIRECTIVES.
4. PRACTICAL STANDING OF THE DIRECTIVES.
5. FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT OF ECONOMICALLY ACTIVE PERSONS.
6. LABOUR INSTITUTIONS WITH A EUROPEAN ORIGIN: THE EUROPEAN WORKS COUNCIL AND TRANSNATIONAL COLLECTIVE BARGAINING.
7. LABOUR RIGHTS AND FUNDAMENTAL ECONOMIC FREEDOMS.
Learning activities and methodology
-Practical exercises discussed in class.
-Tutorials / office hours.
-Individual work by the student.
% end-of-term-examination 50
% of continuous assessment (assigments, laboratory, practicals...) 50
Catherine Barnard. EU Employment Law. Oxford. 2012
The course syllabus and the academic weekly planning may change due academic events or other reasons.