The skills of the course are CG1-CG10, CB6, CB7, CB8, CB9, CB10, CEC1-CEC6 (see a description in Memoria Verifica)
Among these skills, one finds
1. Acquire knowledge to create the foundations for future originality in the development and application of ideas, often in a research and innovation context.
2. Acquire the capacity to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of judging given information that is incomplete and might include subjective reflexions on social responsibility and ethics.
3. Acquire the capacity to integrate the complex aerospace system and work in multidisciplinary teams.
4. Acquire the capacity to analyze and establish correction measures for the environmental impact of the developed technical solutions.
5. Acquire capacity for the analysis and resolutions of aerospace problems in new or unknown environments, within broad and complex contexts.
6. Competence in all areas related to airport, aeronautical or space technologies that, by their nature, are not exclusive to other branches of engineering.
7. Adequate knowledge of Avionics and Onboard Software, and of the Simulation and Control techniques used in air navigation.
By successfully completing this course, the student should be able to:
Understand the technologies that apply to aerospace autonomous systems, including legislation, economical and industrial frameworks, and vehicle design. Understand specific issues related to the air navigation, the certification, and the communication (antenna) of autonomous sistems and their future trends.
Understand the mathematical foundations of some of the fundamental systems used of autonomous navigation, including the dynamics of quad-rotors, and the principles of inertial measurement units and Kalman Filters. Understand how these systems can be simulated aided by computersUnderstand how these knowledge can be incorporated into state of the art hardware. Predict the behavior of an autnomous system applying methodologies based on critical thinking, efficiency, and decision-making.
Understand the different elements that compose a quad-rotors, including hardware and software, learn how to ensemble them, calibrate the vehicles, make a flight testing, and analyze the flight data.