The course is divided in two different parts: Finite element theory and aircraft certification processes.
1. Finite elements
- Introduction to FEA. Review of elasticity.
- The finite element analysis process
- The finite element formulation
- Types of elements and properties
- Numerical integration
- Properties of the solution. Error estimation.
- Modeling for dynamic analysis and vibrations
2. Aircraft certification processes
2.1. General Overview
2.2. Airworthiness Authorities and their Regulations: ICAO, Europe, USA, Spain, Militay AA
2.3. EASA Part 21
2.4. Certification Specifications.
2.5. Type Certification
- Type Certificate
- Changes to Type Certificate
- Supplemental Type Certificate
- Certification Process
- Qualification vs Certification
2.6. Continuous Airworthiness.
- Modification of In service Aircrafts
- Part M
- Part 145
2.7. Airframe certification.
- Airframe Certification Plan
- Certification Test Program
2.8. Certification Documentation.