Understanding of and ability to solve problems and cases related to
- Fundamentals of a combustion processes: fuels, stoichiometry, thermochemistry, chemical kinetics, mass diffusion.
- Navier-Stokes equations for reacting mixtures: combustion source terms, dimensionless numbers, energy equations.
- Simple reacting systems: global combustors, well-stirred reactors.
- Convection and diffusion of mass and heat.
- Structure and properties of premixed flames.
- Combustion fronts: deflagrations and detonations.
- Structure and properties of non-premixed (i.e. diffusion) flames.